Last weekend Brandon and I drove to Heppner for Brandon's youngest brothers' high school graduation. Friday night was his celebration up at the house, and it was very fun to see everyone again. Saturday was the graduation, and it was so great to watch Luke receive his diploma after only three years of high school. He has worked so hard and wants this so badly. He received some scholarships which will be very helpful as he begins he flight academy in the fall.
Saturday night Brandon and I drove back down to Portland after some grad parties. Sunday morning we were up bright and early to watch my sister graduate from grad school at Lewis and Clark. This was a fun time, as a lot of my family was there to celebrate with my sister. I know my sister has worked hard for this degree. It was so special to see her wearing that hood and knowing that we have the same degree after all of our differences.
Brandon and I made an offer on a house in Springfield last Friday. We won't know if our offer was accepted for a couple of weeks. It is a newer house in the Thurston area of Springfield, which is just on the edge of Springfield where you would take off to go up the McKenzie River.
I had an interview for a 2nd grade position in the Springfield School District Tuesday. I think it went well, but you never know! I should know if I got the job or not on Friday.
Our last day of school is next Tuesday, so we are defiantly winding down. I started taking things off the walls and packing up things today, and it was pretty sad. I always get way too emotional about these things. I will spend some long days this week and go in on the weekend to make sure I get everything ready for kids to take home, report cards to be turned in, and my stuff taken home. I also need to pack up the belongings that will stay at McKenzie.
That is what we have been up to, I'll keep you all updated!
3 comments:
LOVE you!! and am excited as you begin a new adventure of your life :)
How exciting!!! And you my friend sound like you have been very busy!
Woo Hoo! A job interview! New beginnings! Exciting! Keep us posted!
Post a Comment