Friday, June 20, 2008

I can't believe it...

Yesterday, as I was browsing in Borders, looking at books and enjoying my morning I got a phone call that stopped my world. I lost the ability to talk, I had to sit down.
As I was looking in the 'education' section at Borders, my phone started singing to me. I stopped what I was doing, grabbed my phone, and saw that it was my good friend Lindsay.
The moment she and I spoke our hellos, I knew something was wrong.
She gently told me that the husband of my of my favorite people had suffered a massive stroke the night before, had been life flighted to Portland, and was on life support. They were waiting for all of the family to arrive, and then they would take him off of life support. There wasn't anything they could do for him.
15 minutes later Lindsay called me back to tell me he was gone. It was confirmed. This man I had known only for a short time, but whose family was so important to me was dead.
I was halted in my little world. So many questions, so many uncertainties, so many tears.
So please, keep the Hansell family in your prayers over these next weeks. This is going to be a hard blow to get over, but I know they will be fine. They are a wonderful family. Our thoughts and prayers will be needed though.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

my tears are flowing with yours.

LOVE you!!