OK, I haven't totally disappeared into a deep void. Just somewhat disappeared. Here is what has been up with me.
1. lots to blog about, nothing much to say. I think I am overwhelmed... so I just stopped altogether. I know, what does a 20 something married woman with no kids have to be overwhelmed about?
2. Job hunting: here is the low down. I have officially informed McKenzie that I won't be accepting the position for the 08/09 school year. It would have been a FANTASTIC deal- but with the price of gas I just couldn't swing it. So.... I have applied to most of the districts in the Willamette Valley. I am/was really hoping for a primary position in Creswell (just south of Eugene). I know some peeps who know some peeps, and so I am still keeping my fingers crossed. That would be great, hardly any commute, and we could stay in our house. I also applied to Salem-Keizer (among MANY) and THEY were interested. They have called my references, and so now I am simply waiting to hear if they still want me. If that works out then Brandon and I would look at houses in the Salem area and would eventually buy our first home. Those are the two districts that are on my brain and on my tongue the most lately.
3. yard work: Brandon and I decided to plant a garden this year. So that has taken up quite a bit of time. I would like to document more of the progress... so watch for that soon. (hopefully). We have also spent quite a bit of time mowing (every week for at least 3 weeks already) and spraying for weeds/moss. I have spent a couple of hours pulling weeds from my flower garden, and potting pots of flowers, but if you drove by my house right now you would never know it. It looks like a mess! ugh!
4. spring cleaning: OK, I had a break down last Friday night. I was in tears and freaking out about the state of our living right now. Piles, piles, piles. Mess, mess, mess. So Brandon was a champ and spent a few hours on Sunday with me - going through our 'office/pantry' pitching stuff we didn't need/want anymore and also organizing that which we wanted/needed to keep. It only took a few hours, and I felt much better. There is still a lot of work to do around here... but that much did help ease my mental stability.
5. House hunting: So Brandon and I have been casually looking for months... looking at older houses, looking at newer houses. And our latest outing had us looking at historic houses and thinking about building a house. We are both currently leaning towards building. But that could change in a day or so. You never know with us! After we got back from our latest outing we spent the evening looking at house plans and talking about what we would want in a house. I'll keep ya updated!
Well, I could go on and on (graduation, work, love, life, etc.) but I won't. So please keep us in your prayers and I'll try to keep ya updated as things change and evolve.
2 comments:
Yeah so great to get an update!
I can't wait to hear about the changes you will be going through.
Love the sign by the way!
Have a great week!
This post makes me smile - inside and out! :)
Let the good times (changes) roll! You will make the most of wherever it is God sends you! :)
Love you and your beautiful yard & flowers! I WILL come and see it!
Post a Comment