My new word for the year 2008 is simplify.
In Merriam Webster's Dictionary,
simplify is defined as: to make simple or simpler: as a: to reduce to basic essentials b: to diminish in scope or complexity
I have decided that I want my life to be simple. This decision came years ago, and now is the time to get serious about it. I want my actions to be simple, I want my life to be simple. I want to simplify the belongings in my possession, and to focus on the important things in life.
I had a few other words floating around in my mind... last year my word was accomplish. I had lots of things to accomplish with a short time line, and it all worked. I was also thinking about celebrate (celebrate the first year of my marriage, a new home with my new husband, a new job at a new grade level), attitude, give, organize, adventure, and appreciate. Hoping to incorporate these words into my daily life also, but will focus mostly on simplifying my life. Wish me luck.
3 comments:
Simplify. I think that is great!
I hope you are having a great weekend!
GREAT word... enjoy making it "real" in your life!
Sounds like you had a GREAT time sledding/tubing too!! :)
Have a wonderful week - Miss you!
great word, beck! let me know how it works...i think i could probably benefit from some simplificaiton myself. you have given me a mission to find my own word for '08...i am tossing around "nordstrom" now...just kidding :-) it was great to see you when you were in herm!
Post a Comment