Wednesday, January 30, 2008

Day 3 - note: this took me ALL day to post.

Well, today I am on day three of my 'snow week'. No, I'm not officially off for the entire week, but it is beginning to feel that way! Monday we technically had school, but were on a delay. I found out that the roads in town were too aweful to drive on, so I stayed home all day. My first graders just played without me- JUST KIDDING! They stayed with their second grade teacher in the afternoon.
Tuesday I was half way up the mountain when I found out it was changed from a delay to no school. And today McKenzie is closed once again. wahoo for me! right? Well, Monday I was pretty motivated to get things accomplished. Yesterday, it was another story. I didnt' do too much. And today I am feeling motivated again. The bad news is... this was my testing week for the kinders, and Friday is grading day. So.... I'm not quite sure what I will do. If we do have school tomorrow I will just put in a video after recess and start pulling kids as fast as I can to get them tested (I know, after a week of no school- not too bright, but what else should I do?). If we don't... I guess I'll do other stuff on Friday and test next week and send report cards home late. What else can I do??
In the mean time, I have vacuumed several times, dusted, laundry, baked 4 batches of C.C. cookies, finished a scrapbook, gone to the grocery store (where I encountered the rudest woman EVER), cooked dinner two nights in a row, watched Oprah, Martha, and a bit of Rachael. I have watched a movie with my husband, ironed and napped. Oh, I also finished a book. So all in all, it has been a good week- and we have snow! How fun is that? =)
Now, about that dinner thing... what happens when you combine a REALLY cool recipe book from your fave school staff...


and one great recipe from my friend Tricia...


awesome cookware from my wedding....


and a pink stove to cook it on?


and one familiar table to eat on?

ONE HAPPY FAMILY!!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

Looks just about perfect!! Love that you used your recipe book too!

Have a wonderful Thursday!! :)

Michelle Hawkins said...

Becky...
Looks like life is good. Miss you at recess. Lindsay told me about your blog. Cool beans. Saw you had Cowgirl Whimsy on your site. Ever get any jewelry from them? Take care. Michelle

Michelle Hawkins said...

Becky...
Looks like life is good. Miss you at recess. Lindsay told me about your blog. Cool beans. Saw you had Cowgirl Whimsy on your site. Ever get any jewelry from them? Take care. Michelle

Stacy B said...

I love your pink stove! It could keep our old blue toilet company. Glad you enjoyed your week and I hope you got your testing done today!