Yesterday Brandon and I went up to Hoodoo Ski Resort with a group of friends to go tubing at the Autobahn. I wasn't sure what to expect, but it was so much fun!!!
We bought the all day pass, and grabbed a tube after putting all of our cold weather gear on. There is a tow rope to pull you to the top and then the hardest part of your day is deciding which run you want to go down. Brandon and I chose runs right next to each other the first time, and I remember thinking as I was speeding down the hill... "holy crap, this is so fast!". And Brandon was thinking... "What is so safe about this?" But it was a blast and so we got in line to do it again. In all there were five couples and also 6 small kiddos. We all went over and over and over. Even the kids who are as young as 3 were going by themselves in tubes, and not one adult sat out for more than 5 min. It was great and it snowed so hard the whole day. I did take some pictures, but they are mostly of other people's kids (so I wouldn't post them) and the rest that I COULD post are on a camera that I don't have a way of uploading them to my computer. So those will come later.
When it was time to leave we all hugged and headed out. However, there was a car accident right below the ski resort, so we sat on the highway NOT moving for 10 min. or so. So... we turned that into an adventure, we turned around and headed to Sisters for Pizza. We ended up getting a hold of 3 other couples and we had a great time visiting one more time. By the time we finally got back over the mountain it had snowed so hard and so much.. so the roads were quite an adventure, and then there was even snow in town. =) So that was fun.
To see the hill at Hoodoo click here: www.hoodoo.com/autobah.htm
No comments:
Post a Comment