Thursday, November 29, 2007

The Plumbing

What is worse than being tired, starting new routines, and the holidays all at once?? How about adding plumbing problems into that mix. Yep, we knew it was probably coming, but we just didn't know when exactly and how bad. Well, last week it happened. The plumbing went out in our master bathroom. No double sinks, no toilet, no shower. (So thankful we have an extra bathroom).
We started tearing into the problem last week, and then left for Thanksgiving. So this week we spent our evenings either under the house(not so much me, mostly Brandon), under the sink, grabbing parts, tools, towels, more tools and more towels. So thankful we have a washing machine and dryer. The problem ended up being huge, so the owner of the house asked us to call a plumber (thank goodness!) and I THINK the problem is fixed. Brandon is gone tonight, and I didn't feel the itch to crawl under the house and inspect things for myself. So for the time being I am continuing to use the other bathroom (bummer, it's on the other side of the house...) until further notice. I didn't take too many pictures (way to tired), but I did take a few.

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

seriously wishing that I lived right next door right now...

this too shall pass... and I'm proud of you for "documenting" the "stuff" that just happens - even when it isn't fun!!

Love you sweet girl~

Ronda said...

I am so sorry. Been there done that so many times I have lost count! Keep smiling Becky! The day after Thanksgiving, we were out of water as the main pipe into the house had frozen then broken. Good times, good times!

Anonymous said...

Oh man I am so sorry. That does not sound fun. Hopefully it will get fixed right away!
Have a happy day!

Anonymous said...

Becks...glad to hear that you are keeping busy, you don't do well with inactivity!