Thursday, November 8, 2007

The new classroom




I spent two days this week working in my new classroom with the teacher who is leaving in a few weeks on maternity leave. It was so fun to meet the children, a few of the parents, and quite a few of the teachers. It was wonderful to interact with the kids and start to get back in the swing of teaching. It is amazing how easily I have slowed my pace since last June. The kids are so darling, both the kindergartners and the first graders. I know look at the second graders as if they are old! haha how funny is that?!
I will be back up there two days next week, to be with the kids and to continue to learn from the leaving teacher. I am so excited to be a 'kinder teacher' though that I can hardly stop looking for ideas, watching the current teacher, and digging through her files and observing the kids. It is overwhelming but wonderful. I sure have lots to learn though!
On another note (maybe connected, maybe not...) my headaches have returned. I have had a horrible headache for days now, and today was by far the worse. I have taken medicine, and have tried to lay low, but it isn't giving up on making me miserable. And, to top off a bad headache, I was at the dentist for two hours today! Nothing like moving and having to go to a new dentist after seeing the one I liked for 25 years. New x-rays, records, info sheets, etc. ugh-yuck!

4 comments:

Lindsay said...

1st - LOVE that your classroom has GREAT windows!

2nd - I'm so excited for you!

3rd - Headache, Headache go away... don't come back any other day!

4th - Praying for you as you begin the transition... and praying that you'll do it headache free!

Love you!

Ronda said...

Oh Becky, what fun...a new challenge...new kids, new materials, new co-workers and new parents! Praying for relief from your headaches.

Hoogerwhat said...

Hey...are you going to be seeing Lane on a daily basis? He works at McKenzie too...what a small world!

Anonymous said...

It looks so great! I am so excited for you!