Friday, September 21, 2007

Welcome.

I love fall. I don't think I started admitting this until late high school, and even then I didn't admit it to others. But I am out of the bag... I love fall!
Fall officially begins this Sunday, but it has been creeping in like a new love for a few weeks now. It is almost as if you can smell fall just around the corner. When I walk outside I know it's autumn.
Leaves are changing, and they are falling on the breeze like a sleepy toddler.
Orange, red, purple, brown, burgundy are a natural color in the environment now.
The big rodeos are coming to an end, circuit finals are now in the thoughts of 'non cowboys' and cowboys alike.
Halloween costumes fill the store isles where once stood bbq's and sun umbrellas.
And, of course, football season is here. I'm not a huge fan of the sport myself, but even I am looking forward to watching a game or two, dressing up in our team colors and hosting the last of the outdoor bbq's. I think I might even try my hand at hosting a civil war party. (Should be interesting).
So as a big time summer fan, I bid farewell and open my heart and my windows to the newest love of my days.... autumn.
Welcome.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this!
You are a great writer. I love the Fall also.
Oh and the photo cards you are making are amazing!

Hoogerwhat said...

Becky, who knew you were a poet! I'm impressed...your writing is as colorful as your photography!

Lindsay said...

What a great greeting to a great season!
Can't wait to see pictures of that "civil war" party you're going to have!!
Have a fabulous weekend sweet friend!