Wednesday, September 5, 2007

Labor Day - done!

Lots to say... not sure how to get it all in.
Brandon and I had a fantastic weekend in Central Oregon camping with some of our CEM friends that Brandon graduated with. My good friend Kelly went with us and we had the best time!
Our weekend included...
* sun burns all around
* 3 fish caught in the new boat (two by me!)
* lots of mosquito bites, one of which caused my knee to swell to the size of a softball and hurt like a mother
* 'Yukka' made and passed around the camp fire
* bruises and scrapes on my sunburned legs
* my first experience on a wave runner (very fun)
* lots of play time for Duke with his CEM buddies
* memories made and pictures taken

When we returned home Monday afternoon, Brandon had a surge of energy (and I was going to take FULL advantage) and we (mostly he) cleaned the garage, cleaned the boat, washed all three of our rigs, put the boat in the garage and left room for my car! (I think), mowed the lawn, watered the lawn, emptied our dry boxes from camping, etc. WOW!!! I could not believe my eyes, I knew he was exhausted, but he just kept going. It was great.

School has started for 4J school district, and I guess I am going to be a sub teacher for awhile at least. I still haven't even interviewed for that much! It is amazing to think that another summer is over and fall is on its way. I am actually pretty excited about fall this year, but it is hard saying goodbye to the summer that Brandon and I got married in. The summer we moved in together in. The summer we took our first vacation to Mexico in.

On another school related note, my youngest brother in law is starting his junior year of high school. He is NOT excited, and in fact, won't even talk about it. I know it is hard for him to be there when he feels so strongly against it, but I want to find a way to explain to him (for him to really understand) that we all do it. We all need it. It is something we all have in common; we suffered through it with the rest of our friends and are better because of it. Life is long compared to high school, and enjoy being young while you can. There will be a time for him to be grown up and away from high school and all that goes with it, but live it for what it is worth right now. I hate to see him so unhappy... so if anyone has some good advice, pass it on!

Ok, off to get ready for a dinner party tonight. Love!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

Sounds like so much fun!
A GREAT way to wrap up an amazing summer! :)