Tuesday, August 7, 2007

Time

It's funny how life works. I am a chronic saver. Yep, I save EVERYTHING; photos, letters, cards, paper, journals, anything! I have been aware of my saving issue for years now, but have been working on this about myself for awhile now.

Well, now that I have moved, gotten married, and have had LOTS of time on my hands I have been sorting, disposing of, moving around and remembering all of this stuff that I have. This has been a fantastic experience for me, and I have managed to create quite a large 'to dispose of' pile. I'm not sure how this pile is going to disappear; all I know is that by the end of the summer, it will be gone.

Ok, so through this process I have found many 'treasures'. I have grouped like things together and discovered what a great craft room I have. Today I was grouping all of my old journals into a cute basket and found a journal my church gave me pre high school graduation. It was meant for me to use as I left the comforts of everything I knew well, and moved to a place I did not know well. (This included a new town, new school, new friends, and a new chapter in the life of Becky). In this journal (which I only wrote in three times….) I found a piece of paper the church had included, and I had apparently ignored. This treasure was titled "Charting Your Course: Mapping the direction of your spiritual journey". This was such a treat for me to find! These past two years have found me really trying to explore my own spirituality, and I have spent money and time on a new bible, books about religion, time in my church, and talking with others who have the same urge.

This paper that I found 7 years later was a challenge. How funny, I kept one piece of paper 7 years! without ever looking at it. It was a challenge, and I am ready to explore this challenge now. Ready to read the passages suggested to me, ready to pray, ready to take a look at the person God created me to be, to ask myself some important questions and to really, I mean REALLY examine my life. I'm not sure how much fidelity I will be able to put towards this challenge, but I hope God can help me find the time, the energy, the urge to continue the tasks given to me. Before I was packing my classroom, packing my apartment, and getting married, I was praying a lot for God to show me how I can devote time for him each day. Then, somehow, those prayers stopped. I got too busy? How is this possible?

I am ready to begin this again. I am ready to devote time and energy and thoughts in order to better fulfill my task from God.


 

On the back of this paper I also found a "Personal Strengths Survey". It goes like this…

Things I desire:

1.

2.

Hopes in life:

1.

2.

Abilities:

1.

2.

Character Traits:

1.

2.

Fears:

1.

2.

Achievements:

1.

2.

Great experiences:

1.

2.

Painful experiences:

1.

2.

Spiritual gifts:

1.

2.

What a great way to help gauge your life temperature like I have blogged about in earlier posts. I love it! I challenge you to try this same survey.

No comments: