Every year my husband asks what my resolution is going to be. And every year I remind him that I don't really do a resolution, instead I choose a word that I hope will help guide me through the upcoming year.
This year, my word is Shine.
I hope to Shine in my friendships. Remember to call, write letters, send cards, remember important things about my friends. Important things that are going on in THEIR lives, not just in mine. Call when I think about it, not wait because they might be busy, not wait because I'm tired, not wait.
I hope to Shine in my job. Smile at my kids. Have time to listen to them. Be on time for meetings, and be prepared. Smile and be open to my fellow South Shore peeps. Be helpful and organized.
I hope to Shine in my marriage. Be helpful, and loving, and open to my husband. Tell him what I am feeling, and how much he means to me. I hope to remember that I can help him Shine. I can help and support him and let him take the credit. It's OK.
I hope to Shine as I re-learn photography. I hope to explore and grow and be comfortable behind the lens again.
I hope to Shine as a homemaker. I hope to have a clean, organized house that is a haven for Brandon and I to come home to each night. A house that smells good, looks good, and feels good.
I hope to Shine as a cook. I hope to have a nice meal for my husband at least 3 nights a week. (That might not sound like much for some of you wives out there...but for us that really is sufficient). Good, healthy, simple meals.
I want to shine as a person, to smile and be uplifting and positive. To be smart and witty and regal.
This is my word for the year. Let's see if I can shine enough to remember it each day.

1 comment:
regal ... love it!
shine on friend - shine on!!
Post a Comment