Monday, July 28, 2008

{LIFE}

These past two weeks have been so much fun. While some of my friends are desperately trying to slow down so as to better enjoy these few short months of summer, I am trying to do as much as possible so as to enjoy these few short months of summer. Crazy, I know. But this is when I have time. I can send cards, call friends, scrapbook, travel to see family and friends, have lunch dates and a life after five p.m. on a weekday.
So, here is a pictorial of our past two weeks.

Driving home to Eastern Oregon is not out of the ordinary for Brandon and I. And this is what are family and friends are used to seeing when we pull in the driveway. Becky and Brandon and Duke in the HCo. pickup.


The reason for our trip this time was a birthday. This was the adorable flower basket I put together for a gift from Brandon and I. I secretly wanted to keep it! =) But luckily, I know it is at a great home now, and will be enjoyed just as much there, as it would be here.


Saturday night we drove to Meadow brook to have dinner (on Hwy. 395 south of Dale). It was so much fun to be there again, and it was a beautiful day. It is almost a Young family tradition to go there and have root beer floats at least once each summer (usually more often) so it was great to be there again. Turns out, the owners mother graduated high school with my dad!
Here are the birthday girl and her sons. Brandon, Debbie, Luke, and Matt.


Brandon and I standing in front of the meadow.


On our way home we stopped on the North Fork of the John Day River to play around. The water was so warm!! We had a great time playing and skipping rocks. Plus, we had Grandma and Grandpa with us, so it was extra special.


Sunday we took the boat to the Columbia River to go Carp fishing with Luke's bow. I know, dangerous, but we were in thick mud. Luke and Brandon had a great time, and Debbie and I got a nice tan.


The view from the boat.


Last Friday the Little McKay Cr. Band was playing in Springfield, OR. We took the new intern with us and had a great time. This band is so much fun!



Saturday one of my best friends from the University of Oregon married his long time girlfriend. It was such a beautiful ceremony and I was so happy for them both. The other cool thing was that I new one of the bridesmaids and all of the groomsmen. We were all great friends in college!


Nate and I at the reception. They had a wonderful reception at the brides parents' house.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

It looks like life just continues to treat you well!!

Love the photos... especially the one of the train ... and the mirror :)

Happy end of July ... Love you!

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are having some fun! Love the pictures!