The allergy medicine that is working for me right now is Zyrtec! Yippee! I am using the cheaper Wal-mart version, but I am so happy to have a good nights sleep, and get through the day.
On to more exciting things...
Our camping trip was wonderful. It was exactly what Brandon needed, time to just rest and be in the mountains (with Pine trees, not fir trees). We hiked a bit up the Metolious River where we camped at Camp Sherman the first two nights. Brandon fished a bit and I read some of my book. Duke LOVED rolling in the dirt and the over all experience of camping. He is a mountain dog for sure!
Friday we just hung out and took naps. Saturday we got up early (6:15) and took our trailer to the spot where we would camp that night. After we dropped our trailer off we drove to Hermiston for the 2pm service for Ty Hansell. It was a really nice service and it was nice to see familiar faces again. I got to sit with my Rocky girlfriends and although we didn't visit, it was nice to be with them again. The service was longer than I expected, taking two full hours. After that was over we were feeling a bit stressed to get back to camp before dark. Also, we had Duke in the back of the pickup and it was over 100 degrees that day. So we didn't go to the reception to hug the family. We did meet Brandon's family for a quick bite to eat before we left town. It was nice to have a quick visit and I feel good about that because Brandon won't see his family for quite some time now.
Sunday was another day of relaxing, fly fishing and then off to town to go window shopping. We had a nice dinner in town and then spent the evening driving around the west side of Bend looking at houses - just for fun. =)
Monday we headed home and I got caught up on things around the house and Brandon enjoyed his last hours of relaxation.
Tuesday started the 'in water work permit' time and so they are working long hours and long weeks now for a while. I have spent my time at home job hunting, painting, scrap booking, cleaning, and enjoying summer. I love it!
The view from our camping spot Thurs. and Fri. on the Metolious River.
Our humble little 'home away from home'.
Who is that strange looking person???


No comments:
Post a Comment