Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Life is Full

The past two weeks have been hectic, busy, and wonderful. A few weeks ago Brandon and I took a long weekend to celebrate our first wedding anniversary. We had a wonderful time and enjoyed just hanging out with each other. There was no TV, no agenda, no other family members or friends, no real cooking, nothing much but us. It was great. We left on a Thursday and didn't return home until the following Monday afternoon.
The following week Brandon started his 'in water work' season and was busy working long hours while I worked around the house and other projects. That weekend we celebrated the fourth of July and spent Saturday evening once again celebrating our anniversary. We watched a movie, ate the top tier of our wedding cake (yep, we had it in our freezer this entire time!) and just lived.
Sunday morning Brandon went to work and I left for Eastern Oregon. I was headed for my parents house, and arrived early that afternoon. I spent the evening visiting with my folks, and walking with my mom out on one of our usual routes. We walked four miles. I spent the rest of my week at 'home' visiting dear friends in Hermiston. I was with Kelly for a night, and then spent two nights with Lindsay and her family. It was so great to have time to just 'be' with these two girls. They both have young boys, and it was great to sit, visit, hold baby's, grocery shop, nap, and live with such good friends. I miss them both SO much. I also met with Kelly and Francie for lunch one day. Lunch was wonderful, and I felt right at home again with these two beautiful women. I really miss them-

My last days in EO were spent in Morrow County. Thursday I met my mother in law {there really should be a friendlier thing to call her} and my {brother} in town and had the opportunity to sit with Luke when he came out of knee surgery. I felt strangely privileged that I got to be there with him at this time. We then Eastern Oregon carpooled to Heppner and I spent the next day helping Debbie clean out one of the work pickups.
Saturday was my best friends first bridal shower, and I had the chance to help host this event. It was fun to be with the ladies of Heppner and to sit with Jill as she opened gifts and thought about her new life as Mrs. Miller. That night we stayed out at the ranch in her new home and I soaked up the scenery. It was so magnificent. I can't imagine having that view everyday.

and now I am back at home with my family and I am so lucky to be here. Thank you Brandon for sharing your time, and thank you friends for having me! It was awesome!


2 comments:

Lindsay said...

FULL of GREAT things!! :)

Thanks again for staying with us! We LOVE you - all 4 of us :)

Anonymous said...

It was so great to see you!!!