Wednesday, May 2, 2007

Rain, Rain, I'm glad you came

Rain. Either you like it, or you don't. I grew up not liking the rain. Maybe it was because I grew up in Eastern Oregon. It was just a pain. You couldn't work, you felt trapped inside or you went out and got muddy, it was just not our favorite kind of weather.
Then I lived in the Willamette Valley. It rained ALL the time there. I met friends who were as new to this as I was, and we enjoyed it. (Mostly).
We danced in the rain.
We walked slowly in the rain.
We would get as wet as we possibly could, then go change into comfy clothes and laugh at ourselves.
And I learned a couple of things from these rainy moments with my friends.
1. Rain can help heal you.
2. Rain can cleanse you, and your soul.
3. Rain brings life.
4. Rain lets you cry, it lets you deal.
5. Rain is an excuse to stay in and clean, or read a book, or stay in bed and write in your journal.
6. Rain should be danced in.
7. Rain can be calming.
8. Rain is like chocolate. You only need a little bit to satisfy a craving.
I'm glad you came rain, but I am ready for some sunshine and summertime!

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I wanted to curl up in my sweats with a good magazine and stay home this morning... rain seems to do that to me every time :)
Happy Rainy Day to you friend!