Thursday, March 15, 2007

Overwhelmed

Have you ever reached the point of feeling so overwhelmed that you can’t take any more? Some people just ignore it, some people get grouchy or mad. Some people somehow sidestep the whole emotion and calmly ‘fix’ things.
I cry.
Yep, I cry. I get grouchy, I get moody, but mostly I cry. I reached that point today at school. Yes, even better, I was at school, and I cried. Thankfully I held myself together until my prep, so no kids saw, but I definitely cried in my classroom.
I just felt like I was doing it all wrong.
Like I had the wrong attitude with my kids.
Like I had lost control and didn’t know what direction to go in next.
I didn’t know what to do, so I cried.
So now it is time to take a deep breath, and know that tomorrow will be a better day.

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

I have moments like that all the time... remind me to tell you of the time that I stood on the table in my 1st grade classroom...
crying is good... it's letting down and letting go...

Hope your Friday is BRIGHT!! :)