Sunday, June 14, 2009

Summer is here!

Summer has begun! Friday I checked out of school, turned in my badge and keys and said my goodbyes. It was kinda sad, knowing that I might not be back in my room again in the fall... but I was tired and ready to start summer.
Thursday night Brandon's family came to visit and to celebrate Matt's OSU graduation. We had a great time, celebrating all weekend. Two BBQ's, a clean house, Chinese food, laughter, a quick trip to Florence for lunch and lots of visiting. It was great. Everyone left today, and it was so sad! After the family was gone, Brandon and I headed up to Woodburn with Matt and his girlfriend. We found some great clothes for the boys, and not too much for the girls. This evening Brandon and I spent some time in the yard and our garden. That is summer! The smell of freshly cut grass, basil in the garden, and a Kleenex to my nose! haha
Tomorrow I start some training at the District Office and Brandon is back to work. But summer is here, and I am excited!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

I've thought of you all weekend ... sending hugs, smiles and some laughter your way!!

Here's to some GREAT training :)

Love you ~

~ Jill ~ said...

Hey Beck - summer is wonderful isn't it?!? I just wish our "summers" were closer geographically! Between you & I Kleenex will ALWAYS be around ;) I can't wait to see you tomorrow at the wedding! LOVE YA!