
Patience is something I need more of. I have prayed for it. I have asked for it. I have tried hard to show it. But I have not proven that I have enough to give lately. I have gotten short with my students. I have not had the patience that they deserve and need from me. I finally finished the
series of books that I have been reading for months now. And as I closed the back cover on that series (which I loved!), I immediately thought of a book I could put in my hands next. It is a book my friend
Lindsay lent me nearly a year ago for my birthday. It is a book that I have started and put down once already. However, today as I lay in the family room resting my body, I knew it was meant to be that I would start that book today. Today is the day to reflect on my actions with my students, and to look for tomorrow as a new start. A fresh beginning.
"Patience deeply received results in patience freely offered". If I want my students to learn patience from me, don't I need to teach them, to show them, how to be patient? If I want my husband to be patient with me, don't I need to show him the same patience? Today's reading was a good reminder that God has shown me patience, and I need to show others the same. "Patient people have a great understanding". I need to understand the patience that has been shown to me, and then return that favor.
A Love Worth Giving by Max Lucando came to me again at a good time. As winter slowly turns to spring, and a new year presents itself to me and my family, I will continue my journey working to have/show/give more patience for all of those around me.
1 comment:
LOVE you so, so much!!
Praying for you daily ... know that you are loved :)
Post a Comment