Thursday, October 11, 2007

Inspiration

These past few months have been a time for me to catch my breath. I have worked on our house, our yard, and our life. In the house, in my craft room; I have gone through old papers, receipts, photos, junk, clothes, I could go on and on!
I have realized as of late that this is inspiration for me. Not only has my body recovered from the hectic life I had in Hermiston, but my soul is finding inspiration in all of this.
Some weeks my inspiration is in visual stimulation.
Some weeks it is found in making things with my hands.
Some weeks I find it by working on improving our house, by getting rid of stuff and beautifying what we have.
This week I have found through reading. I have spent hours on the couch reading. I have also listened to a lot of Oprah.com radio excerpts. I am also reorganizing things again. My studio/craft room needs to be looked at.
I also want to have our dining room painted by the time my in laws come to visit, so I have slowly been working away on that.
I find it interesting, the cycles I am going through. Now that I have the time and ability to relax and let myself go through these natural cycles, they become so much more clear to me. I see myself as scatter brained (like I often thought I was), rather I see myself as moving through this natural cycle of rejuvenation. God is showing me what I need to be doing with my time. Resting, organizing, getting ready for life to speed back up. I know it's coming, and I want to be ready.
Yesterday I spent some time getting cards ready. Yes, I am a self proclaimed card LOVER. I love sending cards ( and I like getting them too!) and as a bridal shower gift I was given a card organizer. So I spent some time at the card counter at Target, and at my craft table making cards and putting them in the organizer. So when life gets busy again, it will be easy for me to pull out a card for a friend and put it in the mail. whew!

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

so, so, so thankful you've had "time"... and that you've allowed that "time" to inspire, refresh, renew, & strengthen the wonderful woman you are!!
Blessings to you this weekend! :)

Anonymous said...

That is so great! It always feels so good to accomplish things. I hope you are having a wonderful Sunday!