Wednesday, January 10, 2007

Wedding

Planning a wedding is a LOT of work. I knew this a long time ago. I knew this when I started planning mine a couple of weeks ago. I know that today. However, it is still exhuasting, frustrating, and nerve wracking nonetheless. I wish I was one of those girls who had known exactly what I wanted a long time ago. What colors, where, what time of day, who, etc. etc. Don't get me wrong, I know WHO I am marrying, the love of my life! However, who am I going to have in my wedding with me? What girlfriends do I include, which ones do I look over? That is the hardest thing I have had to do in a long time! Everyone has all of these questions for me. What are you colors? How many people are you going to invite? Where are you going to have the ceremony. What does the minister look like? (I know you are laughing Jill...) Where do you want the reception, and on and on. Oh my gosh! I DON'T KNOW! =) Give me options, tell me what you did, what worked, what didn't work. I have never done this before.
OK, enough of that bad attitude. I told myself yesterday that I am going to smile. So darn it, I am going to smile! I am going to accomplish the tasks on my list, and this is going to be great. I did finally decide on a place, and I think I might have the reception location nailed down. I am VERY concerned about the photographer. I really like the photojournalism style... someone who knows what they are doing and can capture the real moments. After all, that is what the day is all about, right? And after all, aren't the pictures (and memories) all I will really have after this wedding day is over? I really want nice pictures, and I hope that isn't asking too much. Pray with me that I can have this one wish satisfied.
I know everything will be fine, but it seems overwhelming at the time. I'll be OK...

1 comment:

Lindsay said...

It will all work out... PROMISE!
... and I'll bring my pictures for you to look at :)
You're doing fine... keep that smile on your face and enjoy every minute of this... it only happens once!
Love you friend -