Ok, so I took a few days off of blogging and wedding planning. I met Brandon in Corvallis for the long weekend and we had such a good time together. We went out to dinner and out to lunch and met friends for a movie. We visited with his little cousins and helped them celebrate their 5th birthday. We drove to the beach with some friends and saw snow on the beach!
The day we were in Salem we went to Macy's and started our wedding registry... this is a big deal! haha It was such a weird feeling knowing that I was picking out towels that would go in the house that Brandon and I BOTH live in. Our house. It was strange, but it felt like it was the most normal thing, and the right thing. Our house. We are going to have a house, together- soon.
Also, while we were there Brandon (and I) decided on what job to take. Brandon continues to feel that Hamilton is the best fit for us. So, I decided it was my job to support him in that. If he really feels that strongly about it, then it must be right. I know he has put a lot of time and thought into this decision, and I know that he has thought all about what is best for us. I trust him. I trust that we will try this and put everything we can into it. And, if it doesn't work out, or it doesn't continue to feel right down the road, we can (and will) do something different. It is just so hard to know that I have to leave my job here at Rocky. I have come to love the people and truely feel at home here.
Yesterday I officially told my principal what we were planning to do and she was very helpful. I'm sure she was thinking that I was a crazy person- I had tears in my eyes- but she was friendly and sat me down and told me what I should do next. Thanks Trish- I appreciate all you do. Anyways, that was hard. It was hard because it felt official. It felt like this is all really happening. I'm getting married, moving and starting something different. However, I'm doing all of this with Brandon, so it isn't all bad! At least I get to be with him, everyday. I am so excited to start the next part of my life with Brandon, but I know that it will be hard to say goodbye also. I know their will be lots of tears in my near future, but they aren't all sad tears, some of them are happy and excited and nervous tears. I am so lucky to have Brandon holding my hand through all of this. He is always there for me.
1 comment:
Enjoy the changes life brings... I know you will... even through tears at times!
You will be missed, but I know you'll be my friend forever... no matter where we find ourselves!
Love you -
Post a Comment