Choosing my bridesmaid was such a big deal for me. I know this is going to sound awful, but I felt like I had too many girlfriends to pick from. Now this is strange, hearing myself say this. This is coming from my mouth? I'm the one that is always so self-conscience about NOT being close to girlfriends. And suddenly I can't choose four girls?! It was a big deal for me, thinking and pondering, and then 'choosing'. I realized that I DO have lots of friends, and I am close to them, in my own quiet way. And, this is an opportunity to reconnect with some old friends. However, it was hard to realize that there were girls whom I felt close with, that I couldn't have share this experience with me. Girls that I work with, or girls that I went to college with. I have been thinking about this a lot, and how I know these girls that are participating, and why they are a part of this with me. So, that was a really wordy way of saying that Danielle had a fantastic idea to share with others who I have chosen, and a little bit about each of them. Hope this helps Danielle!
Jill Sorey- maid of honor
Jill is one of my dearest friends, and my roommate. I met Jill through her boyfriend, Corey Miller. Corey, her boyfriend, actually introduced Brandon and I over four years ago. She has been so wonderful to have around this year and I know that planning this wedding will be more fun because of her. We get to come home to each other after a long day at school, as she is working on her student teaching at Hermiston High School. We laugh together, cry together and have helped each other through a lot this year. I can’t imagine not having her in my life.
Rachael Jones- bridesmaid
My sister and I don’t get to spend a lot of time together now that we have both left Pilot Rock. She graduated from OSU last spring and is currently living and working in Corvallis Oregon, which is near where Brandon and I will be living after the wedding. I am looking forward to building our relationship again. It will be fun to have her a part of this wedding- maybe I’ll get to see her more often!
Danielle Alexander- bridesmaid
Danielle and I met in the third grade while I was visiting my grandparents in Jackson, California. We met and immediately hit it off, and have been friends ever since. Growing up, everyone knew about my ‘California Friend’. She lived across the street from my grandparents, and she was part of the family. After graduating from Berkley she took a job and currently lives in San Francisco. Danielle and I haven’t seen each other in nearly three years, but the distance or time has not affected our relationship. We can call each other anytime, scream with excitement, and then return to our same old friendship that we have both cherished over the years. I am looking forward to seeing her.
Kelly Manning- bridesmaid
Kelly and I met at Willamette University while working on our masters in education. We did our student teaching at Lamb Elementary school together and even worked in the same fifth grade classroom. We took a road trip when she took a 2nd grade position down in Phoenix, Arizona. The trip down to Phoenix with the gnome, and our dear friend Danielle Cyrus, and the heat (it was so hot!) was wonderful. Kelly is one of the most loving and caring people I know and will be moving back to Oregon around the time of the wedding. It will be so nice to be close to her again. Maybe we’ll even teach the same grade level together again!
2 comments:
What GREAT girls you have in your life! SOOOO glad they get to be a part of your special day!
Yes it helps! Peftect. You are a jem and I can't wait for the Day. I have chills I'm so excited.
Post a Comment