Brandon and I have been wanting to remodel our kitchen for some time now. This summer I did some research and got a few estimates for cabinets and counter tops. However, the timing wasn't quite right. Then, over Christmas break we started thinking about it again. Over the past couple of weeks we have been thinking more seriously about it. We did some more talking about the layout we would want, colors and overall visions we both have for the new space. We decided that this past weekend we would drive down to Eugene and do some serious looking around for floors and cabinets. We ended up spending the entire day Saturday looking at the local and big home improvement stores. We were so proud of our selves for sticking to our game plan and getting some real details lined out. Here is where we are currently:
This isn't the picture that we are going off of, but I found it online and it really gives you a sense of the feeling we are going for. White cabinets on the top and bottom (not at all practical-I know). Dark hardwood floors, lots of light and darker counter tops to pick up the dark in the floors. 

This is similar to the hardwood floors that we found. Last year I fell in love with a dark stained 5" x 3/4" Oak floor. It was out of our budget, but this weekend we discovered that the same floors I fell in love with were on sale for a price that makes it do-able for us and our project. We want to have these floors in our kitchen, dining room, family room and living room.
Basically, I want to get rid of as much of the carpet as I can!
So, I was SO excited when my husband called me today to tell me that he had purchased the floors! He will pick them up on Friday and bring them home!! SO GREAT!!! (can you tell I'm excited?!)
Hopefully, there will be more coming on this subject in the next few months.

1 comment:
EXCITING is right! WHOO HOO!! :) I can't wait to see the transformation!
Post a Comment