Tuesday, April 21, 2009

So much has been happening lately! We have been so busy, but so happy to be busy.
The weekend before Easter Brandon, Luke, and I all worked on putting our raised beds in so that we can have a garden this year. We used recycled lumber and made four big beds. Brandon dug trenches and was able to plumb the beds into the underground watering system so that watering the garden is simple.
Easter weekend my parents came down and my dad and Brandon worked on getting the rest of the backyard on the water system. That was an all day project, but it will be so nice this summer to not have to move sprinklers around. It will just water on it's own!
Meanwhile, my mom and I searched for a good garden center (and found one!) and also looked for new dining room chairs. This has been something I have been doing for a year now. I did find two, and got a GREAT deal on them. Now I am working on painting them so I can put them around our table. I still need to find about 4 more.... the project never ends!
This past weekend Brandon, Luke, Matt, Matt's girlfriend Jenni and I worked on laying patio pavers around our new raised beds. We started at 8am and nobody left until 9pm that night, we worked so hard! But it is mostly done... just a few little things to do. Sunday morning we got up at 6am and did a few things around our yard before heading down to Eugene to work on Jenni's patio, laying the same pavers that we used. We worked REALLY hard all day, not leaving until 7pm. We have been so busy, but we have gotten so much done!
This weekend I am headed to Hermiston Friday night to see two or three of my bestest Hermiston friends and then to Heppner Saturday for a bridal shower for another friend. I am going by myself... which won't be a fun drive but I am kinda looking forward to it. I can listen to my own music, sing out loud, call friends and then stay up late with my girlfriends catching up on stories. I am so looking forward to laughing, telling stories, laughing, listening to stories, maybe some crying, and hugging my friends. I miss them so much. We are going to have so much fun!
Maybe the following weekend Brandon and I will take some time to rest... but I doubt it.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

WOW girlie you have been busy! Good stuff!
I hope you have a wonderful week!!! :)