Monday, April 27, 2009

Going home.

I love the flatbed pickups.
I love seeing the spare tires on the cabs and on the fronts of pickups.
I love the open feeling.
I love the big sky.
I love the empty roads.
I love the smell of pine trees, sage brush, fresh rain on dirt and irrigation water.
I love alfalfa fields.
I love the sound of the irrigation on the alfalfa fields.
I love how my heart fills up when I drive east.
I love how I feel like I am getting a big hug from the landscape.
I love the mountains, and how they look blue.
I love that people wave when they pass you, even if they don't know you.
I love knowing the back roads and where people live.
I love seeing people I know, and having them know me too.
I love the old barns, homesteads, and fences.
I love the cows.
I love the dry land.
I love the cowboy boots and worn sun-tanned skin on family and friends.
I love how time slows down... even when you're in a rush.
I love seeing family and friends.
I love laughing at old stories and dreaming of the future.
I love going home.

3 comments:

Lindsay said...

I'm so thankful I was able to hang out with you on Friday ... refreshing and just NICE!!

Love you and am praying your week is going smoothly ... Eastern Oregon misses you!

Anonymous said...

I love all that stuff too! Happy you were able to visit!!! Have a great rest of the week!!!

Tricia said...

Great post, Becks! It even made me a little "home sick"...but Iowa smells like hog farms and cattle confinements...can you make that sound poetic too???

Hope you are having a SUPER day!