Saturday, September 20, 2008

This is

HARD.


New job. New district. New town. New grade level.

Moving into a new house, out of our old one.

Busy time of year for Brandon at work.

My 45 min. commute one way.


I think I am reaching my breaking level. I know God only gives us what He knows we can handle. I know I can handle this. But I am asking for help. I ask him for patience with my kids a LOT. I have done things I'm not proud of. I have snapped at my husband and left things undone that need to be done.

But, I am doing what I can and asking for help with the rest. I have learned to say no to things. I have learned to understand my limit and stay within those bounds. I offer help when I know I can actually give it, and to take help when I actually need it.


I am excited for all of these changes. and trust me, I LOVE my job and I LOVE our new house. I am just ready for some of these chores to be over.

The packing

the cleaning

the endless laundry

the driving

the tired nights

the early mornings

the paper work

changing addresses

moving safety deposit boxes

changing magazine subscriptions

writing HUGE checks

forgetting birthdays

avoiding the stack of books my friend lent me MONTHS ago

I am ready for things to calm down, for Brandon and I to sit in our new house and just be. To laugh and talk and enjoy each others company. I'm ready for that.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

Oh Beck - my sweet, sweet friend,

You are going to make it. God IS going to give you the strength and patience you need. You WILL find rest! These steps you're taking, this road you're following, this new adventure you've begun... it's making you into that beautiful woman He had in mind when He created you!!

Hang in there - know that I'm sending you love and hugs and prayers... and that you are not alone!!

Love you guys & am praying for you daily!!

Anonymous said...

Oh man, I just asked Linds how you are doing?

I will be praying for you!