Thursday, December 6, 2007

sick day

I'm laying in bed right now, at 11:00am on a Thursday. I didn't fully wake up until after nine. I am still in my pj's, drinking orange juice and have watched more tv this morning than I have all week. I'm sick.
I don't like to take sick days. I WANT to be with my kids. I want to help them learn the 'helper letter A'. I want to do an art project so we can decorate the hallway. I want to help them learn to write their last names. But I just couldn't do it today. So thankful I made this choice, because as I woke up this morning, I knew it was the right one. And I'll be back up river tomorrow bright and early (but maybe still sick...).
Today will be a day of naps, a day of listening to the rain from my log bed and Pendleton blanket. A day of washing the sheets and wiping down counters and showers. Go away little germs, go away. Today will be a day of being thankful for Puffs Kleenex (no paper towels or tp for me today!) and good magazines.
It's hard for me to take a day, because I have a list of things to do. And since I'm here, I want to accomplish some of these things, but I'm not sure I can. My head feels funny, I'm sneezing, my hands are shaky, and I feel weak. I think I will pick a couple things (like sheets and counters) and see how I'm feeling.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

take care of you ... and know that you are loved!! :)

Anonymous said...

Hope you feel better ASAP!!!