Last weekend we drove to Lost Valley (near Condon, OR.) to see our friend Scott and help him feed the cows while his folks were in Las Vegas at the NFR. It was an adventure just getting there! We drove through snow and bad roads, finally arriving near 11pm. However, one of my favorite memories from that weekend was the first five min. we were there. It was really snowing, and everything was peaceful an quiet and Scott came out to greet us with a huge smile on his face. It was magical... I could have stood in the snow at the moment for hours. We spent the weekend catching up, feeding, taking pictures, and burning slash piles. We had SUCH a great time. We even drove into town to eat at the Hotel Condon, it was so fun to be treated to a nice dinner with such good friends.
This past week we were back in the swing of things at work. At school I had a Winter Program and lots of 'winter' activities to plan for. In kindergarten we made reindeer that are so cute, and in first grade we wrote Santa, Santa stories. We also wrote letters to Santa Claus and are looking forward to seeing them printed in the local newspaper.
Brandon was hard at work on the McKenzie River, working on the Spores Bridge. Although, he was home early two nights this week, and so he treated me to dinner and Christmas music when I got home around 7pm each night.
Thursday was Brandon's job holiday party.. we all met at a local restaurant in Springfield and had a great time celebrating a job well done with the crew.
And that brings me to this weekend. It is Saturday morning and I am still in my PJ's, cleaning house and getting things back in order. We had an incident with our chimney awhile back, and Brandon fixed it last night... however I was left with a thick coat of soot over my entire house...
Here is the pictorial chronicle of our last week...
Feeding the cows each morning.
Scott using the handy dandy one man feeding mechanism.
My handsome husband helping.
We helped the neighbors feed one morning, so here we are, feeding once again.
Brandon and I at the slash pile. I don't think we have had our picture taken since our honeymoon! We had such a great time burning slash piles, we drank some beer, had good conversation and kept plenty warm in the 6 degree weather.
This was the crew for the weekend... Scott, our friend Ashley, myself, and Brandon... and don't forget Gus the dog!
It's almost dark and we are having a great time. At this point we are considering driving into town to eat at the fanciest restaurant in Condon, the Hotel Condon. I think we are dressed appropriately, don't you? haha!
Our fire at dark.
4 comments:
You guys are great friends! Awesome pictures!
Sounds like everything is going well and I hope you had a great weekend!
I really like the picture of you and Brandon by the fire.
Sounds like lots of fun and hard work happening in your classroom!
Happy Holidays Becky!
Loved the pictures Becky...I'll be home in less than two weeks. I'll let you know when Jess and I are in Eugene...good times! :)
oh sweet rancher girl!! :) you are awesome! Love the pictures of the cows & am so happy to see a post from my favorite person in Eugene! :)
Love to you... and I CAN'T wait to see your smiling face in person!!
Post a Comment