Wednesday, May 20, 2009

sometimes...

even when life seems not so great....
there are still moments when we know life is great. These moments remind us of all the positives we have in our life. All the things that are going right, all of the treasures we have-including our family, our friends, our God, our love, and our health.
Yesterday I lost my job. As of now I do not have a teaching position for the 09/10 school year.
I cried. I wondered why?
However, I was also hugged and consoled, and told how important I am and how special I am to the South Shore community. I was hugged and loved by my family and my husband. I was hugged and loved by my students (even though they didn't know!ha ha). I have a wonderful family, I have my God, I have a wonderful house, good health, great friends and stability. I have the HOPE that I will be back next year, in my same classroom teaching the same grade level. Hope, and love, and lots of positives.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sorry about your job. I know you loved it. Give me a call anytime to talk, I know what you are going through :).
Your sis,
Rachael

Lindsay said...

Oh Beck!! LOVE you so, so much!!

God has you in the palm of his hand ... and I'm giving you a HUGE hug!
** if it makes you feel better, I'm crying for you.

LOVE you!!

Tricia said...

Hey, Becks...I am so sorry. I had to be the messenger today for 5 teachers here. It sucks on this side of it too. We can hope that the economy turns around and that K-12 funding gets a boost. I know that doesn't make it feel any better. Hang in there. When He closes a door He opens a window.

Love you!

Ronda said...

Becky, Sending great big hugs to you today! Love to you!