Well, those squirrels are smart. You know that? They think ahead. They plan, the prepare, they get their work done early so they can play later.
Friday night, after I had enjoyed a makeover, and was dressed up, my husband called and asked me to bring the pickup to the job site so we could load it with firewood. What? Don't you know I am looking kinda sexy right now? Don't you know we are young and without kids. We could go out, or stay in I thought to myself. Why do we need to do this now?
But, I grabbed the keys and made my way to the job site so we could load it up with firewood. And Saturday morning... my husband was up at 7am and off to cut, split, and stack firewood. At 10:30 he called me and asked me to join him. He needed my help gathering wood for the cold winter months. I didn't want to go, but I put on old jeans, boots,and a t-shirt and plastered the best smile I could on my face. It wasn't a believable smile at first, but I tried my best. I arrived, jumped up on the trailer, and started stacking firewood until we had about a cord of wood to haul home. We were tired, we were sore, but we knew we were planning, thinking head, and this work now would help allow us to have more time to play later.
So our beautiful Saturday afternoon was spent unloading the wood off the trailer, into wheelbarrows, and then finally into the shed in our backyard. It was a lot of work, and we were tired, but we felt good when we finally finished Sunday morning. We had started a project, worked hard, and finished something that will help us this winter. We were gathering for the winter, and now we are done.
Brandon showing me how strong he is, and me on the pile of wood.
The trailer that we used to haul it.
Me, finally in the picture! haha
2 comments:
Well - I bet (actually I know) you were the hottest wood stacking chick around!
Great writing here - maybe you should start a book... just a thought!
Love to you this week -
I loved this post!!!
Post a Comment