Monday, April 21, 2008

Salmon Fishing

Brandon and I spent our weekend on the Columbia River Salmon fishing with my father in law, and some family friends. We got up there Friday night with our trailer in tow and found our camp spot. Saturday morning we were up bright and early (like before it was bright) and bundled ourselves up in all of our long johns, thermals, insulated pants, coats, hats and gloves that we could find. We headed down to the boat ramp and were on the water by 6:30am. We went up stream a bit and found our spot in a 'hog line' (I had NO CLUE what that was until Friday night when I had to be the dummy and ask). oh, you want to know??? It's a row of boats stretching across the river anchored up waiting to catch a fish. There, now you know and you didn't have to sound like a dummy! =) The boys got all of the lines ready to go and then we sat back and waited. And waited. And waited. We watched others catch fish, and we even watched sea lions catch fish. We didn't catch fish for a long time.

So I looked at the scenery.



And I watched the other 'hog lines' and boats that were 'back trolling'. (I know, I sound smart, but I'm really not). =)


And I looked at the scenery some more.


But really I watched this man. This man that I have the privilege of calling my husband. I watched him maneuver on the boat, with his father, his friend, his dog, and his wife. He balanced us all so well, taking charge of the boat, helping with the lines, watching the weather and helping me land my first big fish. And he did it all with grace and patience. He did it without tiring, getting cold, or complaining. Thanks for the great experience babe, I loved it.



And now for the most exciting part of all.... the fish! And, to my mothers horror I'm sure, me holding/touching the fish! =) My family would be so proud of me. haha


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like fun I love Salmon!
My fav!!!

Lindsay said...

I love the picture of Brandon!! :)

and I'm proud of you for touching the fish too :)

Great photos capturing a GREAT day!

Hoogerwhat said...

Oh...this makes me miss Oregon!