Yes, Saturday was a WONDERFUL day. Brandon and I got up and went straight outside to work in our garden. We didn't actually have a garden yet, but Brandon had spent Friday evening mowing the yard and laying patio pavers in part of our back flower garden, laying the foundation of our soon-to-be vegetable garden. I was so thankful when I got home that night at about 8:30 and saw that all of that hard work had already been done for me. I digress... back to the story. We got up and went straight out to our garden to start shoveling away the beautiful bark mulch that we had so carefully put there last fall. Brandon then cut away the black fabric away, and we hauled that off and uncovered the dark soil that will hopefully nourish our little plants. I was a human rototiller for about an hour, turning the dirt and loosening it so the roots can work their way down. We then installed a little piece of fence so our peas have a support system to crawl up and then we planted our peas. They are the first of several types of vegetables. It has been so fun to look outside our windows and see our new garden and little plants peaking up above the dirt.

After that project was over, we worked a little on some tomato planters and then Brandon BBQ'd a great lunch for us. We cleaned that up and I did some quick house cleaning and then it was back out to enjoy the sunshine. We dug out our lawn furniture and snuck in some reading/napping in the sun's rays. The unfortunate part of this is... I ended up a little more pink than I was hoping for. The sunscreen was put on about an hour too late, and I ended up pretty red on my shoulders, the back of my neck (where my hair USED to be) and my chest.
We headed back inside to shower and clean up and then it was off to look at houses. We decided to head up into the West hills of Eugene to look at the fancy houses. It's always fun to dream, right?! Then it was off to Wal-Mart (Ironic, I know) to buy a few groceries and the like. We headed home for a few minutes and then we were off to the Olive Garden to celebrate my upcoming birthday. The fun part was that we ran into some of Brandon's college buddies and they ended up seated right next to us.
Today I got myself up and headed over to Pottery Barn to learn about buying couches (nope- not yet, but hopefully soon) and then Brandon and I picked up our camp trailer so we could clean it up for this weekend. Friday we are headed to Troutdale to go Salmon fishing with my father-in-law and some other friends. Today wasn't quite as nice of a day, but it was about 65 or so. Pretty nice for this time of year.
Well, that is about where my story ends. We finished our night by washing the trailer inside and out, washing my car, paying our taxes, doing some quick housecleaning, lots of laundry, Brandon cooking dinner, me folding clothes, and spending some quality time with our dog. See we were dog watching our friends dog this weekend and I think Duke felt a LITTLE left out. =)
Pictures hopefully to come soon... check back soon.
3 comments:
Sounds like an awesome productive weekend!
So glad you had nice weather too!
Wishing you a week that is just as wonderful as your weekend was!! :)
... and a TERRIFIC Birthday too!!
Love you & can't wait to see pictures :) (no pressure though)
Wowsers!! What a GREAT picture!!
LOVE it & I love you!!
Happy Birthday!
Post a Comment